Chronicles
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to dream, imagine and create.

HomeCalendarLatest imagesFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Opening Posts

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Alexanne
Admin
Alexanne

Opening Posts Empty
PostSubject: Opening Posts   Opening Posts I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 14, 2021 8:16 pm

"I don't like this, they are out there somewhere.." Orson spoke lowly to the man kneeling next to him, slowly poking his head over the wall he looked right and than left. The entire area was hazy with a lighty white smoke, lights were flashing haphazardly, illuminating the room in oranges and yellows. He did not see anyone out there but he knew they were somewhere in the expanse beyond, he could just feel it. Orson gripped the wand in his hand tightly as he tapped his partner on the shoulder, he would point to the other side of the wall. Both of them would get on their hands and knees and stay as low as possible to the floor. "Check the corner than make a break for the next wall, ill cover you." His partner nodded as Orson stood up and bent down just below the the top of the wall. Putting his free hand up he put his thumb up signalling he was ready. His partner was quick, at least as quick as he could be, Orson bent up just in time to see a red light pass right by his head, he put his wand out and fired his own red beams back into the mist. He could hear laughing all around as he ducked back down to avoid being hit, when he heard the scream of his partner he ripped his attention to the man who was now downed on the ground. They had gotten him just before he reached the wall. This wasn't good, not good at all, they were surrounded and escape was looking impossible now. There was only one thing he could do now, either he fought his way out or go down fighting.

He steeled himself for the inevitable, closing his eyes he took a couple deep breaths than let out a whacky battle scream and ran around the wall firing red beams in every direction. It wasn't long before he was struck by multiple red beams of light, there was a loud beep as the vest across his chest went off with a bright red glow indicating he had been hit. He fell down like a wounded slab of meat, out of nowhere a bunch of kids dogpiled on him all giggling and laughing as they tried to hold him down. "No! No! Mercy! No don't tickle me, no!" Orson laughed uncontrollably as the kids tickled him relentlessly. "All right kids! You got us! I guess you win, the prize is all the birthday cake you can eat!" There was a cheer from the kids as they all got up and ran out of the laser tag room, Orson would see a hand come down as his brother stood above him with an amused smile on his face. "The big bad Auror taken down by a bunch of 9 year olds, how embarrassing." Orson would laugh as he took the hand and pulled himself up. "Truth be told, I would rather face a dark wizard than these little tykes." His brother would laugh as they stripped off the laser tag vests and retired back to the large main foyer where Orsons Nieces birthday party was taking place. The room around them was huge and packed to the brim with arcade machines, games, ticket machines, mascots of smiling animals and all the kids one could possibly handle having a great time.

"Oh man those little monsters are energetic, I forget what it's like to have that vigor." Orson sat down with a huff, taking off the cane from his back that was usually positioned over his shoulder for quick access he would lay it on the table and lean back. "One of the kids is gonna steal that thing, you don't want them heavily armed like that do you?" Benjamin gave a soft chuckle as Orson shook his head, "if only it was that easy. Takes more than holding a wand to perform a spell brother." Orson drew his attention to Elizabeth whom was stuffing her face with cake and sugar that would probably keep her hyper until the dogs came home. She was such a beautiful little girl, quickly becoming a young lady. She was a blonde long haired blue eyes beauty like her momma was. Truly where had the years gone, it wasn't so long ago he was at the hospital waiting for her to make her grand entrance into the world. He supposed this is what his parents always meant when they said they felt old. "So how's life, Jessica doing well?" "Well she could be happier given they wouldn't give her today off, but other than her blowing up the charge nurses office, she had been great. She had been asking about you, Elizabeth has been too, you haven't been around as much these days."

Orson nodded his head understandingly, truth be told neither Elizabeth nor her mother knew about his true profession or the greater magical world. Jessica was fairly understanding but something like that would just blow her mind and what child could keep such a secret? Aside from that, Benjamin felt it was better that neither of them knew of such a world existing side by side with their own. Orson could respect that if nothing else, it was a lot to swallow. "Yeah it's been pretty busy lately. Hardly a day goes by that something isn't happening in the Big Apple. I will tell you brother, there's some weird shit in that city." "Ooooh you said a swear uncle John!" There was a young girls voice than a giggle as Orson threw back the table clothe to expose a little eavesdropper. Reaching down he grabbed her before she could scurry away. "Well, well, well, it seems we got a spy in our midsts! You know what we do to spys!" Orson would lift her effortlessly as he flipped her upside down and started to spin, she would laugh with glee. When they were both sufficiently dizzy Orson would fall backwards on his butt setting down his niece and smacking the chair as Elizabeth would get to her feet all wavy making her way back to the party. "What about you, any lovely creatures in your life besides the dangerous kinds? Jessica would love to be an Aunt you know." "Afraid not bro, works too good for that life. Besides most wives want to be grandmothers, Jessica's a bit weird." Benjamin would rolls his eyes at the remark, it was the same old story every time he asked that question.

"Make time you big oaf, I am telling you, your missing out on the best part of life. An she's not weird, she just worried about you. We all do you big workaholic.""I'm just not the marrying type brother." Orson spoke skeptically as shook his head at Benjamin, they were always on him about relationships when he visited, it was touching but got annoying time to time. Thing was that his division was sort of his family, most of the people in his division were also still single, but when you looked at it, their work was a lot more dangerous than the normal in and out of daily life in the Auror Department. Most of them knew what it was like to lose someone you loved and they did not want to put that on someone else if one day they didn't come back. He would most likely never have a family, not like Benjamin and Jessica had, he had his reasons even if no one knew of them. "Besides I got little Lucy and you guys, let me tell you, some people are not so blessed. But if it makes you feel better ill look at woman weirdly and scare them to the point of slapping me."Benjamin would snort at that remark as he put a hand on Orsons shoulder before giving him a slap across the back of the head. "Orson you made it!"

Hearing that voice Orson would turn to see Jessica coming over in her powder blue scrubs. She had a big smile on her face if not looking a bit disheveled as she gave him a big friendly hug. "Its nice to see you Jess, I thought you had to work?" Jessica rolled her eyes as she wagged her finger in her usual jokes on you way, "Heck no I wasn't gonna miss my daughters whole party. I told the shift nurse to just fire me and that I was leaving. She won't, im one of her best nurses but she is gonna get me back on the schedule next week." Orson laughed, that sounded like Jessica all right, thick headed, stubborn, and doesn't let anyone step in her way. As Jessica gave Benjamin a big kiss on the lips Orson would stick his tongue out in fake disgust and put his thumb down. "Mommy!" "Hey baby!" Jessica was practically knocked down as Lucy gave her a huge hug, Orson smiled, that little girl was the light of his bleak dark life. She was so full of energy and spirit, something he hoped she would never lose, at least not if he could help it.

Orsons attention was suddenly stolen away when he happened to look near the entrance of the building to see two all too familiar faces, it was the second face however that threw him for a loop. The first man was his boss, the head of his Division Daniel Steel, the second man was the Head of the Auror Department in Britain Harry Potter. He could feel his blood pressure rising slightly, it was one thing for his boss to be here, but for Harry Potter to be here, that was almost never a good sign, it meant something big was going down, and the fact they are here was no coincidence. Benjamin must have noticed the sudden tenseness in his brother as he looked over in that direction. He of course knew who those men were, he had meant Dan many times, they had invited him to dinner more than once, however the other man he only knew by reputation and his picture. "Ill be right back Ben." His brother would nod, he only ever used his name when he was serious, Orson got up making sure to grab his wand as he approached the two men near the doors. "JR, I apologize for appearing so suddenly and at your nieces birthday party, I wanted to attend as a guest but there has been an incident." Daniel was blunt and his face was almost hollow, Orson knew that look, it was the look his boss got when someone was killed. "Who?" Orson asked the question but he really didn't want to know the answer, Daniel would sigh before answering with just a name, "Jill Leighton".

Orsons face became hard at the news, a subtle hint of anger underneath his usual calm demeanor, Jill was their youngest member, she had only joined about three months prior and she was one of the most optimistic people among their ranks. Always a smile and a joke even in the bleakest of days. She had been on an assignment in London involving some new kind of magical beast. "Give me one moment please to say good bye to Lucy." Daniel would nod understandingly as Orson approached his families table, Lucy was regaling her mother with the days events excitedly. "Im afraid I have to go everyone, there has been an incident that requires my immediate attention, Im really sorry I have to leave so abruptly." "Awww do you really have to go!?" He could see the disappointment in Lucys eyes as she asked the question, he mustered his best smile as he bent down to her so he could be face to face. "Im afraid so sweetheart, I would like to do anything but leave my little ray of sunshine, but they really need me. I will tell you what though, too make it up to you how about me and you go out for a day of fun, just you and me?" Lucy let out a shriek of joy as she gave Orson a hug and agreed almost immediately. Looking up at Ben and Jess, they nodded to him knowingly, sometimes he had to abruptly leave, Ben knew the look for what it was though. "You have a great party love, and before I go I want to give you your present." Orson would reach into his jacket and suddenly produce what appeared to be a small replica of the cane he carried on his back. "I had this special made for you, I know you have been trying to steal mine so I figured id give you you one just for you. Watch this." Orson would twist the head of the cane as it popped out revealing a sparkly wand.

Lucy's eye would light up like fireworks as she wrapped Orson in other huge huge before taking her gift and running away to show her friends. He would watch her go as he smiled, with a sigh he bent back up and gave a couple quick goodbye hugs to Jess and Ben before departing back to the door.

Orson sighed heavily as the three of them stood in that cold room in front of the body of Jill Leighton, her once vibrant features were long gone. Her vibrant appearance now replaced by the bloodless mummified looking corpse that lay on the table. One might say that she had been dead for a long time considering the current state her body was in. But the reality was much, much, more horrid than that, this was the result of a nasty form of magic that most have never seen. A magic that was once used in a very different wizarding world many long centuries ago. It was enough to take a life, but to do it in this manner was beyond the act of a monster. He clenched his fists tightly at his sides knowing her death was painful and horrifying, but he could not let his personal emotion cloud his judgement. He had a job to do, anything else would have to come later, he owed Jill at least that much now if not more. Orson would make a slow circle around the body, he would pay particular attention to the ankles, the wrists, and the neck. He would take note of deep wounds in the wrists and ankles and two puncture holes in the carotid artery. Upon closer inspection he could see that there was old scar tissue there as well indicating that she had been wounded more than once and than the wound was healed to be opened again later.

"There's no doubt about how she died, she was tortured by someone who was using blood magic." Daniel would sigh angrily as he crossed his arms, his "keep calm" stance, hearing that had no doubt made him angry. "Can someone explain Blood Magic to me?" Harry Potter quietly posed the question, respectfully even as he looked at the remains of Jill. "Its a form of ancient magic, its true origin is unknown, there have been accounts of it being used in the early 1600's but no one knows for sure the exact time frame or who discovered it. It was native to this country, very few used it, it's a magic that uses the blood of its victims. In this day an age the only people who know of it are those few who are descendants of those who knew how to use it. Jill..." Orson had a slight pause as he felt his ire rise suddenly, he pushed it back down as he continued: "Jill has the tell tale signs of this magic, you can tell from the mummification of the body, it happens when the blood is violently drained. As you can see on her ankles, she was bound, most likely upside down causing the blood to go to her head. The marks on her neck were cause magically, the blood is drained through the artery, there is signs of healing so its likely they kept her alive and drained her many times and than let the blood build back up to do it again. Ironically enough, it was this exact magic that created the vampire culture of today's muggle world."

"So its a form of torture? Is there other reasons for using this kind of magic?"Harry would pose the question, a look of worry flashing across his face at the implications, it was obvious he did not like things he had no idea existed. "I suppose to understand fully you have to look at human blood as the makeup for an entire persons being. One drop contains endless amounts of DNA, that DNA in some beliefs is the human soul. They used to refer to it as the essence inside the shell. Its believed that through ones blood is the answers to the very being of our existence." Harry would place a hand to his head, it was obvious he was struggling to grasp what Orson was trying to say, Orson decided to go with another approach. "Philosopher's stone, a blood red stone I believe your familiar with, has many unique amazing properties. That stone is just one example of what ones blood is capable of producing." "Your kidding? The philosopher's stone was this blood magic?"

"Yes it was, it's a magic that utilizes blood as what you might call a source of power. There are untold spells and rituals. If you know anything about muggle science, every human has a unique DNA, a unique structure that is different from all others. With access to this material a person with the proper knowhow could literally take the shape of another person and no one would any the wiser. Mind you it comes with a price as such a magic usually does, but the abilities wielded by one who knows how to use it are endless and horrifying to say the least." Orson became silent, he could see the disturbed look in Harrys face, but that didn't even scratch the surface of what this kind of magic was actually capable of. Some cultures believed that the blood was the actual soul of a human, it holds their memories, their appearance, their entire makeup, one could virtually become someone else. "Are you saying someone could be imitating this young woman right now?" Orson shook his head no as he spoke: "No, not possible. That's a ritual that requires the person to be alive. No, this was torture, pure and simple, and when they were done, they took her blood for other rituals and spells. This Mr. Potter is a message, a message to us that they are coming and they do not fear us."

There was no point is beating around the bush, he had seen this before, Orson suddenly felt a wave of nostalgia as he looked at Jill's body again. He has seen this before, with slight hesitation he would reach his hand forward and place his fingers on Jills lips and pull them down. "Orson?" Daniel spoke his name questioningly as he stuck his fingers down her throat and felt his stomach drop, inside he could feel something shoved down. Removing it he would unfold it to reveal a picture, a picture of himself in a local newspaper after he had killed Gregor Hopwood. "Damn..." Orson swore to himself more than anyone else as the implications started to feel his head. "Whats wrong, what is that?" Harry Potter asked the question with a bit of impatience betraying his calm demeanor. "Its not what it is Harry, its what it represents. Gregor Hopwood." "Who?"

"Gregor Hopwood was a wizard born originally in Scandinavia. At the time of his resurgence in 2010 he was predicted to be about one hundred and twenty years old, but his true age is still widely unknown. That's the earliest and best picture we have of him." The trio would look at the picture on Daniels desk silently, they had retreated back to his office shortly after the discovery of the picture in Jills throat. "Gregor was a monster from the moment he came back, he was known specifically for his ability to do blood magic, its how his life was so prolonged. Between the years of 2010 and 2016 where he was eliminated, he had killed at least sixty seven muggles and four aurors. There's no telling how many people he has murdered though before his resurgence. His victims were used to rejuvenate his body through a complex ritual that required a human sacrifice and a small sliver of the soul of the person casting the spell." The look on Harry face was grave as he listened to Orson explain, his uncomfortable posture betrayed him as he got up crossed his arms silently thinking."Okay, what does the picture have to do with this?" Orson looked at Daniel who merely nodded his head as if approving of revealing the information. "It was how he taunted us Mr. Potter. He would put a picture in the throat of his victims, usually of whoever was chasing him. I was the one who took him down in twenty sixteen."

"How is it that I know nothing of this individual? If he originated in Scandinavia, wouldn't there be something, anything on this man back at the Ministry?" Daniel sighed heavily as he leaned against the wall and gave Harry a disconcerting look. "We kept it quiet Harry, any information on this man was kept in house. The ritual he performed allowed him to take the form of whoever he kills, its like a permanent polyjuice potion. Even that picture is a stolen identity from one of his victims. The fear he caused was all reaching, trust was dwindling, everyone was on edge. We wanted this to just go away, we buried the file away so it would never see the light of day. You have to understand, with his ability to change appearance no one would have truly believed him to be dead." Harry nodded his head as he breathed out an agitated sigh. "So basically, you killed him and than let his existence disappear from the annals of history naturally. Except, it seems that he wasn't truly dead." Orson looked up with a look of confidence in his eyes as he spoke: "He's dead Mr. Potter of that there is little doubt." Harry looked at Orson with a hard expression etched into his face. "There's something your not telling me isn't there, an incident that you also conveniently buried from the light of day.." The insinuation was obvious as Orson and Daniel looked at each other before looking back saying nothing.

"I see... so assuming that he truly is dead, what exactly is this incident suppose to allude to?" "I don't know, a copycat, someone looking for revenge, only two things are for certain... whoever did this knew the particulars of the case and this is just the beginning." Harry would shake his head in agreement, while he did not like the lack of transparency, he could agree with Orson's sediment. "All right, here's the deal. This death occurred in Britain which makes it my jurisdiction, but it was one of your Aurors that died, if this magic is as volatile as you say than I do not want to have a jurisdiction war while lives are in the balance. If you are agreeable Daniel I would like to have joint investigation into this matter. We will both share what ever intelligence we have and keep the other comprised of the situation. I do not know what happened with Mr. Riggs or why this was kept buried, however I need to know the full situation, I promise as long as it does not need mentioning it will not leave my office. Is this beneficial?" Daniel would look at Orson who would nod his head in agreement, looking back at Harry he would nod his head. "Agreed. I will have the full file sent to you ASAP, I would like to keep this low profile though Harry, not for the sake of this organization but for the sake of yours. We made that mistake and it almost tore our department apart with distrust, I propose a small task force comprised of our best suited Aurors. They will report directly to either you or myself, is this agreeable?" "Agreed, I do not want another Voldemort era. Not unless its absolutely necessary."Daniel would nod in understanding, "I will have Orson as our lead representative for MACUSA, he has the most knowledge in this area and I will assign someone else to assist, I will of course inform you of whom. Who will be your lead Representative?"

Last edited by Alexanne on Mon Jun 14, 2021 8:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://chronicles.forumotion.asia
Alexanne
Admin
Alexanne

Opening Posts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Opening Posts   Opening Posts I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 14, 2021 8:17 pm

“It’s been what? A whole year since he was caught? I’m pretty sure he’s still locked away. Ever since Sirius Black escaped, they have become more strict,” came Lia’s disembodied voice from the other end of the line, her as-a-matter-of-fact tone grating a bit on Lexa’s nerves. “You have got to stop this, Lexa. Sure you were the reason why the Ministry was able to finally bring him in but that does not, in any way, mean that you should be obsessing about this. He's no longer your responsibility. Let them do their jobs. They have Dementors guarding Azkaban, for godsakes,” exasperation was obvious in the Potion Master's voice.

Memories of the murder scenes flashed through Lexa’s head and she shuddered. “I am not obsessed!” she retorted indignantly. “I’m just saying that I need to make sure that he’s still where he should be. I’ve heard rumors——“

“That’s all they are. Rumors," Lia was quick to cut her bestfriend short. How are you certain that this is not just some silly trick people there came up with to get to you? You know how cruel they can be,” Lia pointed out, referring to how people thought she was in her position just because of her father, the former head of Magical Law Enforcement, and not because of her own diligence. Lexa has never been exactly a favorite in the Ministry and have been labelled “Daddy’s little girl” despite all her efforts to prove that she can stand on her own feet.

“And that is exactly the reason why it is necessary to find out the truth. Shut them all up,” Lexa explained. And to make sure that demented scumbag never hurts anyone again, she added silently to herself. There was no use saying it out loud. Lia would just go on about how dangerous it is and how she shouldn’t poke her nose somewhere it doesn’t belong. Her bestfriend never really understood that poking her nose into these sort of things is exactly what the job entailed. Lexa had always known and fully accepted that her life will always be in danger when she handed Harry Potter her application form.

It was ironic when she thought about it. A stubborn, diligent Hufflepuff girl who used to spend her time hanging out with Hippogriffs and Blue Eared Foxes in the Forbidden Forest would end up an Auror while a headstrong, daredevil Slytherin girl would end up becoming a tame Potions Master. (Not that she was anything tame by the way her students complained about her classes.)

"Alright there, Lexa?" A familiar male voice called out.

Lexa whipped her head towards the voice. She found a red haired boy named Milton Poults looking at her, an awkward smile on his face and a half full waste basket tucked under his arm. He was the teenage son of the Undersecretary to the Minister and his dad thought that he would do best to build character by doing menial jobs around the Ministry of Magic. Today it was emptying the trash. He was a nice boy despite being timid to a fault. Saying hello to her was a big improvement though. Lexa gave him a friendly nod and half a smile. She watched his smile widen and then faltered again as he struggled to say more.

"Cheers," Lexa said. Milton nodded timidly and immediately turned away. There was no use trying to coax him into a friendly conversation. Not now, at least. She took a step forward and cursed under her breath when she tripped on an errant, empty waste basket. Lexa muttered an apology to the few people who were still at their desks. None of them paid her any attention.

“What was that noise? Wait... You’re sneaking into Harry’s office, aren’t you?” Lia accused. Lexa could almost see her eyes narrowing in suspicion. "No. Listen to me, Lexa. You can't just---"

Rolling her eyes, Lexa pressed a button on the phone screen to end the call. "Sorry, Lia. Not quite the right time for this." Lexa whispered to her now silent gadget. "I have got to find out if that bloody bastard has indeed escaped Azkaban, she muttered to herself as she discreetly looked around her for anyone who appeared to be suspicious of what she was doing. When she was sure no one was looking, she took a deep breath and walked towards her target door in what she hoped to be a carefree, I'm-not-sneaking-around gait.

She was surprised when the doorknob turned effortlessly in her hand. She slipped into the room silently, thankful that she didn't need to pull out her wand to unlock the door.

"I understand. I'll make the necessary arrangements... Yes. Thank you," the familiar male voice permeated the room.

Lexa froze and lifted her head up, her eyes automatically focusing on the famous lightning shaped scar that marked the forehead of her superior. She immediately cursed herself for being so careless as not to know that Harry Potter was in his office. She could have sworn he just left several hours ago. Great intuition, Lexa. That explains why the door was open. It's a wonder how you're still alive in this job. she mentally chastised herself.

"Speak of the devil. You're just the person I wanted to see." Harry said, motioning for her to come forward, completely oblivious to her intentions.

"H-how may I be of service?" Lexa asked as she took a tentative step forward, annoyed that her voice sounded awkward and guilty.

"I know why you're here. It's the same reason why I wanted to see you."

Lexa's heart began pounding in her chest.

"Barrow Cribbe," Harry declared. Lexa's heart began beating furiously but she stayed quiet and let Harry continue talking. "I'm afraid the rumors going around in the Ministy are true. He's escaped Azkaban and we have reason to believe that he might be connected to a case handled by our American counterparts," he paused for a minute, allowing the news to sink in. Despite the furious beating of her heart at this news, Lexa remained silent. Harry continued speaking. "We must keep this on a low profile, involving only a few necessary people. The Americans have put Orson Riggs as their lead representative. He is the most knowledgeable of the circumstances of the case. He will brief you on the matter. For our part, I am assigning you as our lead representative. You were the one who captured Cribbe and I believe you will prove to be invaluable in this case. You will report directly to me and only me. Under no circumstances will you share any information regarding this matter to anyone. Including you Father. This is of utmost importance. Is that understood?"

Lexa's head was reeling with all the details. She would make sense of it all at a later time. Only one thing was important now. Barrow Cribbe was at large and possibly targeting Muggles to kill. She must capture him at the soonest possible time. "Yes, sir."
Back to top Go down
https://chronicles.forumotion.asia

Opening Posts
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Chronicles :: Roleplay :: The Auror Files :: The Story-
Jump to: