Chronicles
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to dream, imagine and create.

HomeCalendarLatest imagesFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

T.A.C: Curse of the Blood Magic

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Ozzy Cross
Admin
Ozzy Cross

T.A.C: Curse of the Blood Magic Empty
PostSubject: T.A.C: Curse of the Blood Magic   T.A.C: Curse of the Blood Magic I_icon_minitimeWed May 19, 2021 4:13 am

Harkin walked silently down the marbled halls, his black boots clicked with every step and echoed around the huge hall. His hands were behind his back attached at the wrists, his cool purple eyes scanned left and right at the atrocious decor of the countryside mansion. It was virtually nothing but busts of faces, portraits of some muggle family, little country side motifs, rugs, vases, the place literally screamed with distaste. It was not so much that he was a man with certain tastes though in the end. In reality he cared less about the decor, he was merely using it as a distraction to the fact that he did not want to be here at all. Harkin was a man who was not prone to be under anyone's thumb, something he was and still is very adamant of, so the fact that he was coerced out of misplaced loyalty was pissing him off. A case of the past catching up with him. That was the price paid though, a price wrought when you're trying to make a name for yourself and will work with anyone and do any job. When you're young and at the bottom, you will do almost anything to get ahead, to rise the ladder, even if it means doing things you never saw yourself capable of. The man he was approaching now was one such opportunity, the same that pole vaulted him into the world of mercenary work, gave him a name. At the same time, it this man was also the most demented individual he had ever had the displeasure of knowing.

When you're a mercenary, the jobs are almost always plentiful and never the same as the last. Some people want you to gather intel, maybe bend a few fingers, a little torture to loosen the tongue. Others want you to take someone out, Harkin had no illusions that he was a good man, he was far from it, but one thing he was not, is a monster. There were definitely rules that he followed, and one such rule is he would not kill children. The man he briskly walked towards had no such reservations, he had learned that the hard way many years prior. Even now it still made him sick thinking about it. The screams still echoed in his head late at night when he had trouble sleeping, it was an event he would die before ever repeating again. ”Ah Mr. Fontaine, it's a pleasure to see you again.” Harkins face contorted into a grimace as he heard the all too familiar high pitched voice of Sneevil. That southern drawl that he hated so much coming from those snake-like lips. Turning around he would see the five foot nothing balding individual, Sneevil was a cross between a troll and a snallygaster, a cold blooded lizard in a caretaker's suit. Harkin wasn’t sure where this man was dug up from but his deformed features often lead him to believe the man was a reanimated corpse. Glaring into Sneevils yellow eyes he growled out a couple words: ”Where is he?”

Even with the anger obviously in his voice Sneevil gave a crooked yellow smile as the lingering odor of decay wafted from his mouth. ”Well he is right in the study, he had been expecting you, I trust that you enjoyed our... invitation?” Harkin felt his brow go stiff as he recalled the dead body they had left hanging outside his house with a note in its pocket. His every inclination was to pull his wand and slash this little shit open from crotch to head, better yet he wasn’t worth magic, all he needed was a rusty blade. He chose not to take this course of action however given the fact he was not in his comfort zone in this house, there was no telling what kind of defenses were set up for such a display. The man is a monster but his ability to be fifty steps ahead of his opponents was even better than Harkins ability to kill. ”Fine.” Harkin was blunt as he pushed past the little man and returned a couple doors back before entering one that seconds earlier was closed. He hadn’t even gotten a chance to reach for the knob before a raspy old voice rang out from inside. ”Come on in my boy, come in.” The voice was cheery, almost like a nice old man was nearing the end of his road, but Harkin knew better, he could feel the coldness beneath it, the hisses of a snake in the undertone and the poison from each syllable. Walking through the door Harkin would enter the study which was in fact doubled as a makeshift bedroom. The room itself was huge, circular, most of the walls were covered in bookshelves and filled with antiques and bobbles of muggle kind. There was a huge desk with a fireplace that was long dead and full of ashes. Sitting in the back was a huge canopy bed with the curtain drawn hiding the figure within. ”Ah it had been so long my old friend, I have missed your company. How long has it truly been?” Harkin stopped a distance away from the bed before slowly unhinging his hands behind his back, his wand was right in his waistband, lifting his coat up lightly he would put his hand on the grip of his wand ready for anything. ”Not long enough, I honestly had hoped you were finally dead, but I guess I should have known you would just find a way to live on.” There was a loud sardonic laugh from behind the curtains which was shortly followed up by wheezing and coughing.

”I always enjoyed your dark sense of humor.” Harkin could hear the mocking tone of his voice, it made him want to blow up the bad and whoever was currently in it, again he resisted the urge. ”What do you want? I don’t work for you anymore, I told you once before that I was done with your sick work. With that body you hung in my tree, you're lucky I didn’t come and hit you with the killing curse.” There was a thick silence after Harkin finished talking, he could tell it was intentional, an unneeded dramatic pause, another thing he hated about this man. ”Now, now, my boy, the body was a gift, she was after all trying to kill you. It was merely a gesture of good will.” Harkin was silent as he thought back to the young Auror that had been on his trail back in the U.K. She was nothing to him really, just a gnat more than anything else and he had no intention of harming her. ”I hear that you gave the body discreetly to the ministry, growing sentimental in your old age huh?” There was another mocking laugh as Harkin gripped his wand so tight he could hear his joints crack. While he did not enjoy having Aurors trying to track him down, he did not take their lives unless he was paid to do so. Truth was, she was just a young woman from America, she didn’t deserve the fate this old decrepit bastard inflicted on her. From what Harkin had learned afterwards, the man who killed her was released from Azkaban with.. mitigating circumstances, and had held a previous grudge against the Ministry. Just the kind of man one would hire for such a task.

”Please release your wand Mr.Fontaine.” Harkin felt the sharpened tip of a wand dig into his neck, Sneevils voice filled his ear. Harkin had been inching his wand slowly out of his place subconsciously, he seriously wanted to just kill this old bastard, however, what inclinations he had were now forcibly removed. He removed his hand from his wand slowly before it was removed from his belt. ”You can have this back on your way out Mr. Fontaine.” Harkin growled and turned but like a mist, Sneevil was already gone from sight. Son of a bitch flashed through Harkins head as he returned his attention to the close bed curtains. Like it or not he was now a sitting duck, at least in a sense. ”Ah ever loyal old Sneevil. Tell me, would you have tried to kill me knowing what would happen if you did?” Harkin said nothing as he ignored the question entirely. Instead he moved forward with this the meeting instead: ”Tell me what you want old man.” There was another thick silence from the bed, Harkin was feeling tense, waiting for a spell to launch at him, ready for it rather, but it never came, just the same old decrepit voice: ”You owe me a favor and I have come to collect Harkin, the file on the desk, take it, that is your assignment.” Harkin grunted as he turned his head and walked up to the desk slipping the manilla folder off of it. Removing the twine on the back he pulled out the only item inside which was a large black and white photo.

”You want me to kill an Auror? That's what you called me here for? Why didn't you just send one of your lackeys to do this?” There was another laugh but softer this time, more out of amusement than anything else. ”As much as I would enjoy sending men to their death, I need this handled discreetly. This Auror will become a nuisance in time and I want them taken out of the equation before the next full moon. Simple lackeys will not do, I need someone with experience.” Harkin looked at the picture again, annoyed at the prospect of being used, shortailed by a favor for a favor. He knew well the consequences if he chose to reject this favor and thus knew he could not refuse. The next full moon, that gave him at best twenty eight to twenty nine days to find and eliminate the target. ”So be it, but after I do this, our contact is done and you will never bother me again old man.” There was another gaggle of laughter and a hoarse draw of air: ”So be it Harkin my boy, so be it. Tell Sneevil I require his aid on your way out.”

--------

”You can’t be serious Daniel…” Orson spoke matter of factly as he sat against the desk with his arms crossed in Steeles office. The both of them had been in deep discussion ever since Mr. Potter left back for the Ministry in the U.K. Most of the conversation was aimed at Daniel trying to place his own daughter in the investigation unit to replace Jill. Something of which Orson was fully against for more reasons than he could count, the biggest reason being she was too young for this kind of assignment, too inexperienced, not to mention that he considered her like his godchild. This was tantamount to throwing her in an open flame with no way to resist the heat. He did not doubt her investigative abilities, she was unique in her ability to recall details so vividly but there was more to this case than details and Orson had been trying to make Daniel see that for himself. It was however like talking to a wall, hell the wall might listen more. ”Jill was like a sister to Grace, a mentor, she has been affected deeply by her death, she is not just going to leave it alone, I know her Orson. I would rather have her on the case than trying to go off half cocked on her own.” Orson sighed heavily as he shook his head in frustration, no matter how much logic he tried to apply to this situation he was not going to relent. ”Then lock her up, immobilize her, tie her to a damn chair if you have to Daniel but she is not prepared for this kind of case. She has not had nearly enough years to take on this kind of responsibility.”

”Iv heard enough of this Orson, I have made my decision and you would be well to remember that I am the one in charge here, not you. Its my job to make decisions, not yours, and for that matter when it involves my daughter I do not need your help.” There was an unusual edge to Daniels voice as he spoke those final words, normally that was an indication for Orson to drop the conversation but this was not one of those times, not this time. This wasn’t some simple investigation where they walk in, look around, make observations and report their findings, this was death and it would come swiftly to anyone not prepared to face it. ”Tell me this, when your daughter is cold in your hands down on the same table Jill was, how are you going to feel then? Your decision is wrong, no matter how much logic you try to apply to it, and you know that, so I can’t figure out what the hell kind of game you're playing here.I am not going to put my godchild at risk, if you assign her to this case...” ”You’ll what Orson? Resign, make my life miserable, throw my daughter in a jail cell, what? You will do nothing, you will follow my damn orders to the letter and you will keep my daughter close to you and safe. This is my final word on it Orson, I mean it, now leave.” There was definite anger in Daniel's voice now, the insinuation of his daughter's demise was enough to push him towards that end. Orson just gritted his teeth and turned raising himself to his feet before walking to the door and forcefully pushing it open, he would stop half way out though and speak one more time before departing immediately after, his voice cold: When Grace dies, it won’t be blood on my hands but yours.`

That conversation had been bitter sweet, there was no denying that, it was not the first time they had shared hostile words but this one was particularly bad. Even recalling the meeting made Orson agitated. Reaching forward he would turn the music louder in the black Kia K5 he drove. Usually he would just apparate to the airport from a secure location not far away but he needed time to clear his head. Deciding just to drive the entire way seemed like a much better option, besides, you could take a muggle out of the muggle world but not the muggle world out of the muggle. Pressing his foot down on the gas pedal the engine revved as the car sped up the lone road towards the airport, the wind whipped through the open window as he enjoyed the open air. He would deny it but Jill's death hit fairly hard, harder than it should have, she was the youngest member of their group and they all kind of looked out for her. She didn’t have any family, she was orphaned young and went through the system until she came to Hogwarts and practically lived there. She had an outlook, an enthusiasm that was foreighn to their department. No matter how grim things got in that bullpen, she would show up in some sun bright outfit with a smile and doughnuts which she referred to as cop food.

Orson found himself smiling at the memory, she had been like the daughter he never had when he thought about it. This only made it harder remembering her on that cold steel table, disfigured and left in a state of agony. He never should have let her go to the U.K. alone, but she had been so adamant to complete an investigation on her own. If he had made a different choice perhaps this outcome could have been averted? No, he could not allow himself the luxury of second guessing, there was no going back to the past and it was better if you didn’t try. In the end there was no true way to know if something could have been different or if it would have remained the same no matter what. He sighed heavily to himself as he let the thoughts drop from his mind and concentrated on the here and now. Truth be told he was a bit.. Nervous to be seeing Lexa again after so long. God how long had it been, over ten or more years? They had not exactly parted on the best of terms, mostly due to his going back to America and all of leaving without so much as a goodbye. He guessed back that it was just easier to walk away than it was to have a whole scene, although the muggles called it Ghosting nowadays. Back than he had been dating Lexa best friend Lia, but they all kind of had feelings for each other but then again maybe he didn’t read the situation as well as he thought he did. He was severely naive back then as opposed to now.

Funny enough, most everybody was predicting on their being in a relationship, they were in a sense like the same side of a coin. Both were good at potions, both loved the whole bad boy vibe, his constant death defying stunts that landed him under Madam Pomfrey boot more than once. She was everything a death defying fool could want, but at the same time Lia was the opposite side of the coin, quiet, reserved, not the biggest risk taker, and that was also something any fool could want. He was like a mimic of their completely opposite qualities, having both all in one. It was hard to say if he loved them both or one of them, his concept of love was about as stupid as it was now. Perhaps this had a lot of reason to do with why he never got into relationships. He just wasn’t an easy person to know, he was kind, gentle to a fault, intelligent, even sweet, but there was a lot beyond the vale of his outer shell and most women couldn’t handle that. Him personally, he just didn’t want to let anyone into that part of himself, there was a lot of darkness there, darkness he did not want anyone to know about. Orson was thrown from his thought process as a ringing suddenly went off next to him, reaching over he picked up the Samsung 9 and looked at it, it was Grace, no doubt wondering why the hell he was so late. Sliding the green phone sideways with his thumb he put the phone to his ear.

--------------

”Please just get here Sir I really don’t want to… yes I am still shy but… I don’t want… yes I am an Auror but that… okay ill do my best.. See you soon.” Grace hung up the phone with a sense of gloom over her head. Of all the days for Orson to take a drive through the countryside it had to be the day she arrived on time. She was nervous as all heck, she was sweating for pity's sake and it was like fifty five degrees. She had no idea what her father was thinking of placing her on such a high brow case, she had never done anything like this before. This was all new to her, admittedly she had hoped like heck to be on this case to get justice for Jill but when it actually happened she almost, well she pretty much did faint from shock. She had known Orson her whole life, he was a kind soul, gentle, funny, but at the same time she also knew the kind of world he delved into on a daily basis, the nature of how serious he could be, how cold. Now she was working with him and that meant she was going to be following him into the same world and it scared the heck outta her. She had all the normal anxiety, the normal questions, will I die, will I be good enough, but the question that plagued her was would it change who she was as a person? She had seen it happen before in her short time at the ministry, cheerful, talkative people, one day they are normal and the next they are like the walking dead or something. Her hands were shaking, this was unbelievable, its like her first day on the job again. ”Oh thank god.”

Grace was relieved when she saw a black car enter through the gate a short distance a way and rev its way to her. She waved her hand like an idiot as the car pulled up next to her and clicked off. She didn’t quite understand the appeal of these vehicles, personally a nice fast broom was more her speed but Orson seemed enamored with these metal contraptions. Then again he was raised mostly in the muggle world so perhaps he understood a bit more about their living than one who grew up in the magical world. Watching him climb out of the vehicle she wondered how he fit in it at all given his size, he made her look like a child with his height and girth, he was absolutely imposing, if she hadn't known him her whole life she would never guess he was an Auror nonetheless a nice man. What's more, he had a look on his face that was unlike anything she had seen, it was… serious, cold, calculated, and this just made it feel all the more real to her. It was no big surprise when a sudden pop echoing across the tarmac made her almost jump out of her skin. She knew what that meant, their U.K. counterparts had just arrived and everything was being set in motion. ”Straighten up, act professional, remember your an Auror not a starry eyed school girl.” Grace found herself swallowing hard as Orson reprimanded her, this really was real, she had never heard him talk like that to her before. She quickly straightened herself up and put on her best “game face” and fell silently in behind Orson who quickly stopped to the point she almost ran into him. Back up some he placed himself beside her instead so they were walking side by side. ”Never follow, always be a leader in your own right, be confident.” She nodded her head swallowing hard, she had a lot to live up to and this wasn’t going to be easy anymore.  
Back to top Go down
Alexanne
Admin
Alexanne

PostSubject: Re: T.A.C: Curse of the Blood Magic   T.A.C: Curse of the Blood Magic I_icon_minitimeThu May 20, 2021 4:43 pm

Lexa stared at the words “Highly Confidential” stamped in red ink on the folder she was holding. The folder contained Harry’s files about Barrow Cribbe’s escape from Azkaban, something he had immediately handed to her even before she finished uttering the words “Yes sir.” There was no way she could have said no to the case and her superior knew it. She sighed as she tossed the folder onto her cluttered desk.

She had opened the folder as soon as she got home. She stared at the photo of Barrow’s prison cell. The wrought iron bars of the prison cell were twisted and bent as though some sort of animal had barreled through it. Dementors weaved back and forth outside the empty cell, their movements seemingly agitated. Perhaps in apprehension that an inmate escaped from under their noses? If emotion even existed in the wraithlike creatures that guarded the prison, no one could really tell. The young Auror was initially horrified when she heard the rumor that the murderer she had once brought to justice escaped was true. While she should have been obsessing about it like she did that past few days trying to confirm the rumors, her mind (much to her annoyance) had automatically focused on something else entirely.

It was on a name Harry Potter said, the name of a person she had not thought of in years. Orson Riggs. 

"Of all the people…” she muttered under her breath as she kicked off her shoes, her mind unconsciously bringing to surface memories she thought she’d long forgotten.

Like a Star @ heaven  Like a Star @ heaven  Like a Star @ heaven
Lexa's Memory wrote:
”Still, this would have been better if it were green like mine!” a 16-year-old Elianna Blake grinned at a 15-year-old Lexa as they walked side by side in the school’s hallway. The older girl pointed at the yellow scarf that was wrapped snuggly around her friend’s neck, a disapproving look on her face. She had consistently griped every single year about the two of them being sorted into different houses.

Lexa laughed. ”You’re still grumbling about that? I thought we already agreed that what’s important is that we’re together? Besides, I don’t think—“ she was cut short when someone from behind collided with her back and made her stumble forward and drop the books she was carrying.

”Hey!” Lia shouted as she turned her head to glare at a Slytherin boy with brown hair and steel blue eyes. ”Watch where you’re going, you bumbling idiot!” she admonished as she crouched down to help the younger girl pick up the books that were scattered on the floor.

”It’s alright, Lia,” Lexa assured as she gathered her books. She looked up at the tall boy who had collided into her and offered him a small smile.

It was the first time she saw Orson in Hogwarts.

Lexa's Memory wrote:
”Oh!” Lexa exclaimed when she walked in on Orson and Lia making out in the Room of Requirement. ”I-I’m sorry,” she stammered as she immediately turned away. Without waiting for either to say anything, she exited the room and ran.

A few minutes later, she found herself in the Forbidden Forest, a hippogriff she befriended staring at her. She knew she would be in trouble if she was caught in the forest but she didn’t care. All she cared about was how Lia had betrayed her.

”How could she?” she asked aloud, angrily wiping the tears on her cheeks with the back of her hand. She couldn’t believe what she saw just minutes ago after she had finally confided to Lia how she liked Orson less than a week ago. The older girl had laughed and told her she was silly for liking someone as unlikable as the American exchange student. She had laughed while she enumerated why her liking Orson made no sense but now there she was making out with him.

Lexa rubbed her eyes angrily as though trying to erase the memories with the action. It didn’t. All it really did was to make her eyes turn red from the abrasive action. She sighed. She’d gone through too much to let this little thing affect her. What was meeting the first and only guy she’s ever liked years after he broke her heart? Did it really still bothered her? ”I must be bonkers if it still bothers me,” she muttered as she forcefully throwed a shirt into her small, enchanted duffel bag. "I'm sure he doesn't even remember who I am anymore." She was just about to throw a pair of boxing gloves into the bag when her phone rang. She didn’t need to look to know who it was calling.

”You were caught, weren’t you?” came Lia’s amused voice.

Hearing her voice was not what Lexa needed at the moment. Instead of feeling the usual cheeriness, all she felt was the resentment she thought she'd long forgotten. ”No, I wasn’t,” Lexa replied curtly.

There was a short pause before Lia spoke again, this time her voice had an edge of worry in it. ”What’s wrong?” she asked.

Lexa sighed, immediately feeling guilty, hearing the genuine concern in the other woman’s voice. ”Nothing. I suppose I’m just tired. It was a long day,” she softened her voice.

”I’m guessing you’ve just been assigned another confidential assignment,” Lia guessed accurately. When Lexa didn’t respond, she sighed. ”It’s THAT confidential? Alright. Do be careful and ring me when you can.”

”Sure,” Lexa replied, this time not bothering to keep the weariness out of her voice. She replaced her phone on her nightstand and went back to stuffing items into her bag. ”I’m sure I’ll be alright,” she muttered under her breath.
T.A.C: Curse of the Blood Magic E0z1j7b

The next day proved to be better, or at least that's what Lexa wanted to believe. Managing to convince herself that everything was just a job, Lexa, dressed in a plain white shirt, black jeans, black boots and matching sunglasses walked confidently towards the man they had assigned to help her with the assignment. Maxwell Stewart was a young Auror that had only been allowed on the field a year ago, an assignment that Lexa herself had also been a part of. Although inexperienced, he was dependable and was actually pleasant company. Lexa was partly worried that the case might be too much for him but was mostly relieved that she wasn’t assigned the more senior unpleasant Auror who thought her nothing but a spoiled kid. Even with her accomplishments, everyone still labeled her as such.

”Buzzed to be tackling this rather huge case?” he asked as she approached, excitement apparent on his face. It was his first big case, after all. Truth be told, he was actually surprised that Harry Potter would even consider him for the job. There were so many eligible Aurors that he believed would fit into the role better. Perhaps they finally recognized his talents? That seemed like the least likely reason. He had spent most of his career behind a desk and saving a senior Auror out of pure luck once wasn't exactly a big merit. Or did they think he was expendable? It was a more likely reason, one that wasn't exactly pleasant to think of. Whatever the reason was, and although he knew the great dangers he would be facing, there was no way he could have declined. It was a chance to prove his worth. Besides, he didn't want to be stuck behind a desk forever. If he wanted a desk job, he would have stayed in The Daily Prophet. There was also the fact that he'd be working closely with Lexa. Though she was quiet and mostly kept to herself in the department, he knew that she was an excellent Auror. Unbeknownst to her, a small group in the department believed that she should be credited more for the work she's done. He believed the same thing. Lexa was the unsung hero in a lot of the department's solved cases. He wondered why she always willingly stepped aside and let someone else take the credit for something she did.

”Not quite,” Lexa answered honestly.

”Really? I’d have expected you to be psyched about hunting the man you’ve put behind bars once more,” Max continued.

Lexa cringed inwardly. Max's words hit home. Normally, the thought of another death race with a dangerous criminal would have made her heart pump adrenalin into her system. Maybe in time it would, but at the moment, there was none. Instead, there was dread in its place and it was not because of the danger ahead. It was dread of facing the ghost of her past. Though she vowed not to let the situation spiral into an emotional roller coaster, she feared it might end up being one, at least for her. The closer they got to the designated apparition area in the airport, the more agitated she got. ”Less talk, more walk,” she said, sounding more detached than she really was, carefully maintaining the stoic façade she had taken on ever since she left her house.

”I suppose nothing really ruffles you. That’s why you’re one of the best in the Department,” Max grinned as he praised her effortlessly.

While his words would have normally made her smile, Lexa maintained her stoicism. If only it were that simple… she thought to herself. As soon as both of them stepped into the designated area, she wasted no time to pull out her wand. "Here we go," she said in a quiet voice.

It didn’t take long for them to reappear in the American airport, a loud pop announcing their arrival.
Back to top Go down
https://chronicles.forumotion.asia
Ozzy Cross
Admin
Ozzy Cross

PostSubject: Re: T.A.C: Curse of the Blood Magic   T.A.C: Curse of the Blood Magic I_icon_minitimeThu May 20, 2021 6:16 pm

💎💎💎

"Your ruddy crazy Riggs!" The short black haired boy yelled at Orson with his usual disapproving tone as they stood at the top of one of the quidditch stands. Orson was smilinging wide as the wind whipped around his hair and his robes all the while he looked at the drop before him. This was life, this was living to the fullest, although he was fairly certain the Hufflepuff boy beside him this was another attempt at adrenaline filled suicide. They were a weird combination, one was cautious and timid and the other was bold and daring. Some would say the evened each other out and that's why their friendship made sense but in reality the black haired boy just worried Orson would truly hurt himself one of these days. He wanted to be there just incase one of these insane stunts failed him. "Its okay Norm, your sane enough for the both of us, now watch me nail this jump!" Norman just shook his head disapprovingly again, there was no use fighting him on this. He would just sigh and roll his eyes giving Orson the thumbs up sign. "That's the spirit buddy!" Orson yelled this as without even the slightest hesitation he jumped off the edge of the stands and dive bombed towards the ground. The air rushed around him and his stomach heaved from the gravity pulling him down like a bullet, he yelled in excitement as he pulled his wand and waited for the ground to get closer. Faster and faster the green beneath him would become more clear and mere moments before he would strike the field below he would wave his wand and stop his descent mere moments before he would hit the ground. He would than plop down a mere foot with gleeful whooting. "I beat my previous record Norman! Did you see that!?" Norman would appear at the bottom of the stands clearly out of breath from the stairs, "You... yo... you are.. the .. the craziest person...I know." Orson would jump up to his feet effortlessly as he grinned from ear to ear taking it as a pure compliment to his bravado in the face of death. "Life's too short Norman, sometimes you gotta take a chance and live it like tomorrow could be your last." Norman just scoffed with a chuckle, while he admired the sentiment, he was never going to dive bomb the ground with nothing but a wand, thankfully Orson didn't expect him to. Looking up Orson would notice two other students near by, he recognized at least one of them, she was a fellow house mate of his, Elianna and he was pretty sure the other one was her friend. He would give a wave to them with a cheesy muscle flex to compliment his death defying stunt.

💎💎💎

That was how it had started, a stupid teenager defying death, trying to impress people, trying show he was just as interesting if not more than the next person. An it had worked to for the most part, the dangerous bad boy vibe had earned him quite the reputation. He was what the muggles referred to as a fat head, and boy did it swell. The American exchange student, the mysterious daredevil, it was hard not to think he was a big shot, and in the end, he had done something stupid because of it. Seeing the older version of that school girl from so many years ago only brought back the shame he had felt later on when he realized how much of a prat he had been. It shouldn't have bothered him now, he should have been keeping his eye on the prize and not on some silly childhood drama, but seeing her here now... he was realizing that his thoughts of this going smoothly were anything but the truth. Some wounds just didn't heal, especially when they are deep and he had caused his share of them. Why did it have to be her he got assigned to? Although these thoughts were racing through his head, he kept his stoic composure on the outside, his arms crossed as he watched Lexa and a younger man make their way up to them. With the fact that this meeting could turn into something more than it needed to be, Orson moved forward and cut it off at the past intent on keeping this professional. "Welcome to American Miss Leveret, Mr.Stewart, it is a pleasure to meet you. My name is Orson Riggs and this is my partner Grace Steele. I will be acting liaison as well as lead on this investigation from this end. If you have any questions or issues please take them up with me. As it is against regulation to apparate into MACUSA we will be arriving by car, if you have any concerns or questions before we depart feel free to pose them now." Orson managed to keep it professional and official as he spoke, he gave no hint or indication otherwise that he was a bit bothered by Lexa's standing before him. This wasn't school anymore, and he would treat it that way.

Back to top Go down
Alexanne
Admin
Alexanne

PostSubject: Re: T.A.C: Curse of the Blood Magic   T.A.C: Curse of the Blood Magic I_icon_minitimeThu May 20, 2021 8:23 pm

Lexa's Memory wrote:
"Lexa, I'm sorry. Everything just happened so fast and the next thing we knew, we were in love with each other," a distraught Lia explained, almost close to tears.

"That's the same story you told me when I asked about that... what was his name? ...Matthew from Gryffindor.  You "fell in love" with that boy even before you even broke up with..." she paused for a second. "Him," she finished, refusing to voice out Orson's name. Even after the American was long gone from Hogwarts, the issue was never brought up until Lia was about to graduate from Hogwarts. Lexa crossed her arms across her chest. "I want the truth this time and not your well rehearsed drama. You should know by now that I know you well enough to tell when you're lying."

The distraught look on Lia's face immediately melted into a sheepish, apologetic look. She sighed. "Fine. He's long gone anyway and would never come back into our lives."

I knew it... Lexa inwardly groaned. She had half the mind to turn and walk away. She always knew that she was right but being proven so would probably hurt her more than it already did.

Lia flipped her long hair off her shoulders. "I'm sorry, Lexa. I really am. I supposed I only took interest in him because you were. He wasn't at all exciting, really. He was terribly daft, thinking those stunts he pulled were something to be proud of." She laid a hand on then younger girl's arm. "Think of it this way. You should be thanking me for taking him off your hands. Had you ended up in a relationship with him... you would have had to suffer like I did, always cheering him on for something so idiotic as infuriating a hippogriff and ending up almost having his whole arm bit off."

Even though Lexa expected this answer, she still stared incredulously at her bestfriend. All the resentment she had, all the frustration, all the pent up hurt came crashing down on her that she could barely breathe. She wanted to say so many things but all she ended up doing was stare at the other girl.

"It's not as if you were in love with him, were you? That would be monumentally stupid."

Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven

What the hell is wrong with me? Lexa mentally kicked herself for bringing up that memory just as they approached the man she never expected to see again. She struggled to push the memory into the back of her head. It was a stupid crush from a long time ago and it shouldn't bother her now. She, instead, focused on studying the younger woman that was standing beside Orson. For a moment, she forgot her worries and wondered why in the world MACUSA would assign a young girl like her to a very dangerous assignment. Did she even know that she could end up dead? Or perhaps she was judging the young lady too unfairly by how she looked. For all she knew, the girl could be the greatest witch that ever walked the planet. She made a mental note to try and get to know her at a later time.

"Welcome to America Miss Leveret, Mr. Stewart, it is a pleasure to meet you. My name is Orson Riggs and this is my partner Grace Steele. I will be acting liaison as well as lead on this investigation from this end. If you have any questions or issues please take them up with me. As it is against regulation to apparate into MACUSA we will be arriving by car, if you have any concerns or questions before we depart feel free to pose them now."

Lexa stiffened when Orson spoke. It had been easy to pretend that they were on their way to meet some unknown American wizard but now that they were standing face to face, it was as if someone dumped a bucket of ice over her head. It was a good thing that she's perfected the art of maintaining her composure in the direst of situations. This was one such situation.

Was he pretending that he didn't know her? Or perhaps, he really didn't remember her at all just like what she told herself the night before. She felt a momentary pang of disappointment, one that she was quick to dismiss. She removed her sunglasses and extended her hand in polite courtesy. "Under the circumstances, it's a pleasure to make your acquaintance, Mr. Riggs, Ms. Steele." The pleasure didn't exactly extend to the American man but it would be terribly impolite if she ignored him. They were, after all, from this point on, a team working towards one goal.

Max followed suit and shook the hands of the American Aurors.

"Please, lead the way. I believe any questions we may have can be asked on the way to MACUSA," Lexa said, tucking the sunglasses into the duffel bag swung onto her shoulder.
Back to top Go down
Ozzy Cross
Admin
Ozzy Cross

PostSubject: Re: T.A.C: Curse of the Blood Magic   T.A.C: Curse of the Blood Magic I_icon_minitimeSat May 22, 2021 3:51 am

That seemed rather tense... Grace didn't say it outloud but Orson had been acting a bit... she couldn't really say, he just seemed unsettled when he looked at the witch from the U.K. Now that she thought about it, she was pretty sure the the witch from the U.K. was also feeling unsettled, than again she didn't know her that well but Orson she knew, even with his stone like features she could tell. It was hard to explain but she had the ability to just look beyond the facade people put up. It was almost like a feeling she got and it itched at the back of her skull. Neither one of them had made any such indication but she just knew. Her father said it was something muggles referred to as being an empath, someone who was sensitive to emotions, but there was no real clear cut answer to what it really was. She decided though for now that it would be better just to ignore this, maybe they worked together before or had a prior relationship, wasn't any of her business. To be brutally honest she wasn't interested in Orson's possible love life or maybe she was a bit enamored with the other U.K. Auror. She wasn't prone to crushes or anything like that, in fact she had sort of been a bit of a dork at Hogwarts, but she couldn't help but stare at him. Without evening noticing she started to bite her lower lip, when she felt a large hand on her shoulder however she quickly regained her senses. She looked up to see Orson giving her a bit of a weird look, she couldn't be sure but he had just easily caught on to what she thinking. Darn! He was right, she didn't have any kind of poker face to speak of, not like the others who had been on this job for such a long time. An now she felt embarrassed, her cheeks reddened ever so slightly as she quickly turned and followed Orson to the car. It wasn't long before they were off and flying down the empty road with the city just peaking the horizon. Orson was driving, well pretty fast actually and it was making her feel incredibly uncomfortable. A car felt so different from a broom, she didn't know why but it just made her feel slightly ill. She tried to concentrate on something else, to take her mind off her queasy stomach but when her eyes came back to Maxwell in the backseat through the mirror she felt her stomach heave. "Stop the car please." It came out in almost a bit of a squeek, Orson would turn to look at her questioningly but he would do as she asked.

-----------------

Orson watched silently as Grace got sick outside the car, he had his hand clapped over his eyes as he leaned his head against the seat and sighed deeply to himself. This was not going well, not at all, it had only been ten minutes and now Grace was getting car sick. Before she had been staring at Maxwell like the starry eyed school girl he told her not to be. Things were tense between him and Lexa already, he could just feel it in his gut. Everything was already off to such a fantastic start, so good in fact he wanted to transfer out of country to somewhere no one could find him. When Grace finally stopped dry heaving he was fairly sure everyone was a bit uncomfortable in the car at that point. She would slowly climb back in muttering a low apology before buckling back in and trying to act like that had clearly not just happened. Orson would drive slower now so as to try and allay her motion sickness, who would have guessed such a broom lover wouldn't be abler to handle a car. Orson decided to speak, if nothing else to get their minds on work and away from everything else if not for Graces sake than his own. "So, can either one of you tell me who Jill was working with from the Ministry? I am going to want to question them about her death. If you could also fill me in on what you have been briefed on perhaps I can fill in the blanks so we can get this investigation fully under way."
Back to top Go down
Alexanne
Admin
Alexanne

PostSubject: Re: T.A.C: Curse of the Blood Magic   T.A.C: Curse of the Blood Magic I_icon_minitimeSat May 22, 2021 11:24 am

Lexa was lost in her own thoughts as they flew through the empty road, careful to keep her eyes away from the rearview mirror. There really was no use looking at him when she didn't need to. She was no longer the little kid that stole glances at him whenever he was around. Instead, she filled her mind with something she would have normally pushed away. It was better than reliving memories of the man driving the car. The thought was a recurrent, almost obsessive idea of obliviating herself, removing the memories that clung so tightly to her mind that she was never really able to move on from it. It felt like a parasite that ate away at her and kept possible relationship ventures at arm's length. The desire to perform the spell was stronger than it ever had been, now that said parasite was sitting on the driver's seat directly in front of her. The longer she sat in the car so close to him, the more the idea became tempting. The only thing that broke her reverie was feeling Max's hand on her arm when the car stopped.

The female Auror looked towards Grace who had gotten out of the car, sick from how fast Orson had been driving. She gave Max a quick shake of the head, silently telling him not to poke his nose into it. She imagined Grace would be mortified to have the guy she immediately felt an attraction to fuss about how she was sick. The look in the younger female's eyes was hard to miss. Her attractive partner obviously enamored her during their meeting at the airport. The look was very familiar. Lexa imagined she must have looked the same way back in Hogwarts when she first saw Orson.

The thought immediately put her in a sour mood and she immediately turned her head and looked out her window. Meanwhile, Max watched Grace with concern and was just about to ask her if she was okay when he stopped himself. It would be terribly stupid to ask someone sick if they were okay after they just threw up. Luckily for him, Orson spoke when he resumed driving. It took his mind off from kicking himself for being a halfwit.

"So, can either one of you tell me who Jill was working with from the Ministry? I am going to want to question them about her death. If you could also fill me in on what you have been briefed on perhaps I can fill in the blanks so we can get this investigation fully under way."

His thoughts redirected, Max paused to think about it. Several years ago, the answer would have come instantly but ever since he was assigned to the field, it took time for him to remember who worked with whom. "I believe it was... either James Halloway or Percival Twigs," he concluded.

"Percival Twigs," Lexa confirmed. It was one of the Aurors that was least pleasant towards her.

"Ah, yes, it was Percival Twigs," Max said. "I suppose he's fairly good at his job despite being an insufferable git," he commented. "Particularly when it comes to Lexa," he added as an afterthought, having witnessed time and again how the man seemed particularly mean whenever Lexa was around.

"Nothing new. That information is irrelevant to the case," Lexa interjected.

Max cleared his throat and then promptly began reciting a summary of what little he knew about blood magic and what he and Lexa were briefed about the dead Auror.
Back to top Go down
Ozzy Cross
Admin
Ozzy Cross

PostSubject: Re: T.A.C: Curse of the Blood Magic   T.A.C: Curse of the Blood Magic I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 07, 2021 4:08 am

Orson Riggs
_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

T.A.C: Curse of the Blood Magic Face_s10
Current Location: New York city
_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

"I will determine what is relevant or irrelevant when it concerns a death from my department within your jurisdiction. As our sister organization it was your responsibility to back her up, something of which was obviously sorely lacked. Until I am satisficed that this Percival Twigs is completely innocent he will remain a suspect as he was the one who worked closely with her so he would be the one who would know the specific circumstances." Orson would remove his cell phone as Amanda shot him a quick side glance, he could tell that she was uncomfortable with the tone he had taken with their Ministry counterparts. He didn't necessarily blame her, it had come off way more cruel than intended, clicking on a number and holding it down a number would dial as a fast tone was heard. "This is Riggs Orson, I have a priority message for Mr. Steele. Inform him that I require his attention with the detainment of one Percival Twigs, an Auror who works for the Britain Branch. Have him contact Mr. Potter and have Percival Twigs benched until such a time that I can personally interrogate him." Orson would hang up the phone and stick it in the cupholder beside him. "The truth of the matter is neither one of you know the full details concerning this case just yet, there are mitigating circumstances you will be made aware of when we reach MACUSA. Once you are fully briefed you will understand why I need to personally question this Percival Twigs to make sure he wasn't involved with what happened." Orson would soften his tone as he tried to be a bit more professional if not for his sake than Amanda's, this was her first real case, especially working with the Ministry and he wanted to set a good example for her and so far he had not done so. He was just so out of sorts considering who was sitting in the back seat. He supposed that there were things back than that he didn't quite leave in the past like he believed he did, the last real time he saw Lexa it had been in the room of requirement's. He could remember the look of shock and hurt in her eyes, the look of betrayal, he never said anything back than but it had haunted him, the way she looked at him even if he didn't quite know why and maybe he still didn't. It was like by hurting her he had hurt himself at the same time. He thought returning to America would be the end of it but he would spend the next couple years with that mental image in his mind and now it had returned as if he were still that stupid teenager in that room snogging with her best friend Lia who was by all accounts way more exciting, at least to the younger him. Perception truly can change with time he supposed but some things remained at the same time it seemed.

Amanda Steele

T.A.C: Curse of the Blood Magic 4a150d10

Why was everyone so out of whack? Amanda questioned the current situation silently to herself, there so was so much tension right now it was hard not to feel a bit nauseous again. She had no idea if this was how orson had always been or if in fact he was acting this way because of one or maybe both of the people they were working with... than again it could be because of her too, her father had sort of forced her on him. Neither one of them knew this but she had been listening when they were discussing her assignment, how adamant Orson had been not to assign her to this case. At the time she was fairly hurt that Orson was refusing her the chance of this case, but now she was starting to realize the severity of what was happening, that, or she was truly going to when the time came for them to to capture who murdered Jill. She was young but she wasn't naive, she knew that whoever did this was not going to relinquish their wand and go willingly. In fact she had the stories about how almost anyone they go after in Orsons department has a ninety nine percent mortality rate. The people he went after would die before letting themselves be captured and they drove that point home quite well. She had seen Aurors no older than herself with missing eyes, fingers, even limbs, she could only imagine Mad eye moody who she had heard so much about from her father. Always saying he was a crazy bastard but he was damn good and loyal to the very end before Voldemort killed him protecting the now head of the Auror Department for the Ministry. Simple put, this was well above her pay grade and Orson had tried to keep her out of this for her sake, she knew that now and she appreciated him for that. "Son of a bitch. Ugh." Amanda came out her own head space as she realized they had finally entered the city and there was a huge jam of cars and people. Phew, for a second she thought Orson was swearing at their partners in back, looking ahead she would see the sizzling smoke of a bright blue van and a taxi both with collision damage blocking the intersection. "Blow it out your ass!" Amanda couldn't help but giggle as Orson leaned his head out the window and flipped the guy off behind them who had aggressively honked his horn at Orson. Yep, all the crap aside, it was after all just another day in New York City.

Last edited by Ozzy Cross on Tue Jun 08, 2021 9:11 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Alexanne
Admin
Alexanne

PostSubject: Re: T.A.C: Curse of the Blood Magic   T.A.C: Curse of the Blood Magic I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 08, 2021 8:50 am

T.A.C: Curse of the Blood Magic BPlQ0iZ
Current Location: New York City

Lexa almost laughed out loud. Of course the first thing he would do was to misunderstand her.  She wasn’t dismissing the importance of Percival Twigs’ possible involvement in the case but rather Max’s irrelevant comment about the Auror’s demeanor towards her.  Why the American Auror would think her incompetent was beyond her. Perhaps that was how he saw her right from the start when they had been in Hogwarts together. It made sense when she thought about it. It was probably why he had always just seen her as some sort of pesky little sister. She shook her head and pushed the thought away. There was really no use thinking such thoughts.

She was about to turn her attention back to her window when she saw Max poised to say something from the corner of her eye. No doubt in her defense. Max had always been one of the few who was quick to defend aid and while she appreciated it, she didn’t really need it. Especially at the moment. There was no point really. Let Orson think she was some sort of idiot who had no idea what she was doing. It wasn’t new. Almost everyone in the Ministry already thought it. What was one more? She looked pointedly at the younger man, effectively shutting him up. The tension was already too obvious. There was no need to put it into words.

She remained silent as Orson called in to detain Twigs. It wouldn’t be a difficult job, the British Ministry of Magic itself doubted Twigs’ credibility and it wouldn’t be a surprise if he was still in custody. She looked out the window once more, neither commenting nor glancing at Orson when he addressed them again. This was obviously his game and she had no intentions of stealing his quaffle.

She had all intentions of giving him her full cooperation and support. The sooner they finish this mission, the sooner they part ways, the sooner they’d have no reason to see each other ever again. All she really need to do was hold her tongue and bear it until it’s over.

She sighed inwardly.

T.A.C: Curse of the Blood Magic 6cvPZQ3

Did the American just misunderstand what Lexa said as irrelevant? Max scratched his head. It was his fault, after all, for adding that bit about Percival’s unfair treatment of Lexa. It really was an irrevelant bit of information but it felt good to finally be able to voice out his opinion though what it really did was make the tension in the car more obvious. He sighed and kicked himself. Perhaps clarifying what she meant would rectify that mistake. He opened his mouth to speak but promptly closed it again when Lexa gave him a pointed look.

He looked from Lexa to Orson and then back to Lexa. What was it between the two? It was as if he and Amanda had found themselves trapped between two territorial lions ready to tear at each other’s throats. Was it just Lexa’s natural competitive nature? That I-don’t-have-anything-to-lose attitude of hers clashing with the American Auror’s? Or was it something deeper? Had they known each other before today? He admittedly didn’t know a lot about the senior Auror but he would hazard a guess that it was the latter. There was something in their past that was causing them to behave like this with each other. He wondered in passing if they had some sort of botched romance. Whatever it was between them, why in the world did MACUSA and the British Ministry choose to put them together?  He sighed inwardly. This mission was going to be a lot more complicated than he had anticipated.

He cleared his throat again and turned his attention to Amanda. Better to make small talk than to bear the uncomfortable silence that followed Orson’s fascinating outburst at some bloke who had honked his horn. ”Well, it is my first time in America and it sure is proving to be quite interesting. I suppose we won’t really have time to do some sightseeing but might you suggest some places to go if we do ever get the chance, Amanda?” he asked. It wasn’t the best of topics but it was the best he could do at the moment.
Back to top Go down
Ozzy Cross
Admin
Ozzy Cross

PostSubject: Re: T.A.C: Curse of the Blood Magic   T.A.C: Curse of the Blood Magic I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 08, 2021 10:44 am

Amanda Steele

Amanda nearly squeaked like a mouse when she realized Maxwell was talking to her and not Orson. She even jumped, damn, she was acting like such a child. She chastised herself mentally as she heard a very low snicker, she looked over to see Orson covering his mouth to quote unquote cough covering the smile. She decked him in the shoulder, when she felt a pain slip through her hand she opened her mouth in pain but kept quite as she grabbed her wrist which now had its own heartbeat. She felt a wave of relaxation come over her, this had been the first time since this morning that Orson had not be so damn serious, he was finally acting like the man she grew up around. The feeling of familiarity gave her the courage she needed to compose herself and answer the question with a bit more confidence."I am sure there will be time to do a little sightseeing, even we go home at the end of the night, well some of us anyways." Amanda would draw her attention to Orson insinuating that he was a hopeless workaholic. She heard Orson grunt as he put up his hand and waved off the accusation almost casually. Well it was true, him and her dad both worked incredibly long hours but she understood. "Maybe once we have a chance to get settled and such I could... you know, maybe show you some of the sights. There are tons of things to do, if you like muggle attractions we can see the statue of liberty and visits some museum's or we can hit the Green Goblin, this really popular nightclub, they always have the best wizarding bands, like The Gangly Driffs and Jack and the pixies. We could also hit up the Baskin Robbins, they have some really good ice cream if your, you know, into that." Amanda suddenly found herself talking a bit too much as apposed to start of the trip, when she wasn't tense she was actually quite the talkative bug and when it comes to New York, she knew where all the best places were. She spent most of her free time exploring the city, even though her father expressly forbids her from going to the seedier parts of town. Like it ever worked but he sure tried, she was always up for an adventure.

Orson Riggs

Orson's Theme Song

Orson rolled his eyes but smiled lowely to himself, it was good to see her loosen up a little bit, with time she would be her usually annoying, snarky self and if she had to be here anyways he could use that moving forward. She had been talking so much about New York and its sights both muggle and magical that the rest of the ride was almost non existent. Soon they were pulling off the road and into an underground parking garage. As they drove down the area became dimmer as the outside light would be replaced by the neon like yellow lights of the structure as they descended underground. Soon enough they were driving towards a wall at the very end of a wide expanse of mostly empty parking spots. It seemed like this level wasn't used if much at all as a lot of it was completely barren. Orson speed up a little bit to cover the expanse as the concrete wall in front of them got closer and closer, without slowing down he drove straight into the wall as they passed through it, the world would shimmer all around them for a moment before they were in a well lite area filled almost to the brim from back to front with vehicles of all types. They would see many different people walking to and from their vehicles chatting casually as they walked towards the single line of doors that lined the back wall, all in all there was about maybe ten doors lining the walls and each one had a line that was steadily moving. Orson would park the car to the far left of the parking expanse, turning it off and yanking the keys and phone he got out. "This way." Orson would lead the way, except instead of approaching one of the lines which were obviously the entrances into MACUSA, he walked towards the far wall. "Those are the main entrances into MACUSA through those doors, its fairly simple, take a little of the floo powder and toss it in the fireplace after saying the passcode: This weeks code is Gingersnap. We will be taking another way in today as we must make a stop somewhere else concerning the assignment, there is something you need to see." With that Orson would become quiet as he approach a very specific part of the wall that really didn't look any different from the rest. Stretched his hand out he placed it very specifically on the wall with his fingers spread evenly. A glowing red outline would envelope his hand momentarily before an elevator would etch itself into the wall and start appearing within just a couple seconds. The doors would open with a ding as he motioned for everyone to get in. The elevator would be small, almost like an express elevator, there were no buttons but the doors would close and it would automatically start moving down at a quite fast pace, it was almost sickening the way it made your stomach rise and fall. Within seconds it came to a stop and they would all step off into a a brightly lite white hallway that was lined with doors.

"As far as anyone is concerned this place does not exist. Normally we do not bring visiting Aurors down here but due to those mitigating circumstances I spoke of earlier, it would be best if you saw for yourself the extent of what your getting into. There's a reason why this kind of magic is kept under wraps. As they walked further into the hall the group would suddenly feel cold, the more they walked the colder it seemed to become as it grew to a point where they were seeing their own breath. Most of the doors in the hall were labeled but to anyone who didn't know how to read the script it would be nothing but gibberish. "I am not at liberty to explain what this place is however, in lue of outer departmental spirit I will say this is a holding facility of sorts, the coldness you feel is generated by dementors. Don't worry, they are kept within the wards so if you have a proclivity for feinting around them, their affects will be weakened quite dramatically. However I am warning you now, do not approach them under any circumstances, these dementors are different from the ones you commonly use to protect Azkaban, these ones are resistant to the patronus spell, in other words it will only piss them off." Orson would explain this to the rest of the group, this was also Amanda's first time down here as well so it was a learning experience all around. They would approach one of the doors near the end of the hallway and come to a stop. "Try not to approach the barrier" That was all Orson said before he placed his hand on a specific spot on the left side of the door. Another red outline would appear and disappear before the door would open hitting them all with an incredibly cold gust of air. It was like a fierce winter wind.

Amanda Steele

Amanda was stunned when they had approached the elevator that was secretly implanted inside of the wall, how the hell had she never even known this was here. She had been by this wall millions of times when she was exercising around the parking lot. She was guessing that her clearance level was far too low to even know about this part of the facility and she was guessing it still was, the only reason she was allowed in here was because of her fathers insistence she be on this case. Amanda would rub her arms up and down her shoulders as the place just became colder and colder by the second, it was almost enough to make breath hard at first, like your lungs were freezing. It was even worse the way Orson was explaining about where they were, she was probably the only one among them who felt it but there was a... darkness to this place and a sense of tenseness to Orson as he walked this hall. In fact for the first time in her life she was feeling a bit... woozy, she couldn't explain it but this place was making her feel overloaded, like she is being filled with every kind of emotion against her will and it was continuous, but the worst was the anger she felt from the room they stopped in front of, the rage, there was a rage inside of the room that was all consuming. Amanda would grab her head as she leaned into the wall, she felt a terror rip through her spine as she touched the wall as if whatever was in that room was connected to it. Without any warning she could hear voices in her head, it was like an echo, she quickly removed her hand from the wall as the echoing died down almost immediately. What the heck had just happened to her? What was this place? Who or what was in this room? The questions were running through her mind fast, she barely had time to register Orson opening the door and motioning for them to go in. She would walk in cautiously, the feeling of dread was deep now, the room they would enter would be half a square in nature, the side they entered on would be bright white and well lite, ahead though they would see a shimmering wall that stretched from one side of the room to the other meeting at the walls and it would be pitch black on the other side. Amanda felt a chill go down her spine as she started into the inky blackness, she could feel something looking back at her, something or someone. She swallowed hard, she nearly jumped when the door closed behind her, god her heart was beating practically out of her chest.

Watching Orson he would raise his fingers and with a snap the room on the other side of the protective spell would light up the sight they would inevitably see would be sickening. Like their half of the room it was white, except this part was covered in what could only be described as... blood, dried blood which formed some kind of weird marking, maybe a writing on the walls. It literally covered every part of the walls inside the barrier, even on the ceiling, on each side of the expanse a black cloaked figure floated menacingly. Unlike a normal dementor these ones were different, scarier somehow, they looked the same but... you just felt like they were much more dangerous. When her eyes finally fell in the center of the room they would widen slightly at the figure hunched on the ground, at first she thought it was a man but the skin... it was a sickly pale gray, like dead skin, the hair was matted and dirty, white, long and streaked with old blood. She could just make out a long dirty beard which must have extended well beyond the chin. She couldn't take her eyes off the.. man, the creature in the center of the room. Slowly it wall stand up, its back too them and drive its hard up so hard you could hear a crack. They all would hear a sniffing sound shortly before the man on the other side of the barrier, his head would twist around completely like he was some sort of owl, there would be a feral yell, it was airy, almost terrifying as the entity flipped its whole body around and ran for the barrier. The person, creature didn't make it two feet before one of the dementors raised its hand. Almost immediately the thing in the room flew back in disgust? Fear? Resentment? All these emotions seemed to run through Amanda's skull as she felt nearly feint. But what they had witnessed was only a taste to what came after. The creature inside would raise its hand and sink what appeared to be blackened sharp teeth into its hand before a reddish black substance poured from the wound and onto the floor. Bending down it seemed to draw some sort of symbol on the ground. They would soon hear a chanting, it was very low at first but it would slowly get louder and louder until the creature was screaming in a tongue none of them could understand. The symbol it drew started to glow violently, the more intense the chanting got the more the symbol seemed to glow, the creatures cold eyes were nothing but black orbs, no color, just black.

Amanda gasped as she felt sick to her stomach, she backed up, her fear finally striking her. The figure behind the barrier would drive its hand forward hard, the symbol of blood would erupt as some kind of entity would fly from it made of blood and smash the barrier. She would fall over her own feet and land hard on her butt as she backed away in horror. In seconds all of them would hear the most horrifying scream, it was like a falcon screaming except it was way more shrill and it could have brought tears to anyone's ears. The dementors on each side of the room were now on each side of the creature emitting the horrible sound. The creatures eyes would almost immedialty roll up in its head as it slumped forward and slapped the symbol of blood wetly. Their job done, the dementors returned to the same corners leaving the creature shaking and foaming at the mouth on the floor.
Back to top Go down
Alexanne
Admin
Alexanne

PostSubject: Re: T.A.C: Curse of the Blood Magic   T.A.C: Curse of the Blood Magic I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 14, 2021 10:36 pm

T.A.C: Curse of the Blood Magic BPlQ0iZ

Lexa was thankful for the distraction of Amanda chattering happily about New York with Max. It, at least, took her mind off of wandering too much into the past. There was really no point dredging up past hurts. She knew that, she steeled herself against it the day before but unfortunately her mind and her heart were both not cooperating as properly as she had hoped they would.

Thankfully enough, it didn't take long for them to arrive at their destination. Silently, she followed after Orson, taking note of the differnt lay out of the American Magical Congress, once again relieved that she had something to occupy her mind aside from the tall man that was walking in front of her. As Orson led their little group to the far wall, she wasn't at all surprised that he had access to something she was sure very little had access to. He was, after all, a high ranking auror. It was much like how she had access to some unaccessible places in her own Ministry of Magic. While it seemed like a great honor to be privy to highly confidential information, it was anything but. Some of the things she knew, she could only wish she was still ignorant to. As silently as she had been the past few hour, she stepped into the elevator without a word, almost laughing out loud when Max made a queasy face at how fast it moved.  

The hallway that she found herself in reminded her somewhat of a mental facility she had once visited in her pursuit of Barrow Cribbe. Though instead of the pervasive disinfectant smell common in all muggle hospitals, the most notable thing in the facility was how cold it was. It reminded Lexa of winter time in the Romanian Dragon Sanctuary. The memory was a fond one for her, the biting cold almost negligible because the dragons were magnificent. The cold in their present location, however, was way different from the cold of Romania. It had that strange, artificial feeling, one that made the hairs at the back of her neck stand on end. She shivered involuntarily. She felt Max's hand touch her elbow as he asked her in a low voice if she was alright. She gave him a curt nod. Everything clicked into place when Orson explained the presence of a different kind of dementor. She had only ever heard of dementors that were resistant to Patronus spells and had dismissed them as some sort of rare, unseen breed. She had no idea that she would be in close proximity to one, let alone several.

And then another door. As the temperature dropped, Lexa was overwhelmed with a sense of dread. Goosebumps appeared on her arms and her brain immediately went into its fight or flight mode. Though she wasn't any sort of empath, her instincts told her that there was something extremely dangerous in the room that Orson had led them into. Had it not been for her training, she would have turned tail and ran. A low mumble of expletives told her that Max was feeling the same thing she was feeling and perhaps more. She felt his clammy hands grap her arm. "Calm down. It's okay," Lexa whispered in a low voice, afraid that if she spoke too loudly, that unknown thing in the shadow would come after her.

As soon as the light came on from Orson's snap, her eyes immediately fell on the figure hunched on the ground. A strong sense of deja vu washed over her. The man had sickly, pale gray skin, his hair and beard dirty and matted with old blood. He was horrifying to look at yet the British Auror found herself transfixed at him as he somehow twisted his head in a 360 angle. Lexa took an involuntary step back as the frightful creature yelled and ran to the barrier, the urge to run away stronger than ever. Yet she held her ground and watched as the Dementors did their job. She would have sighed in relief when the man flew back but somehow she knew that it wasn't going to end there. Sure enough, the appaling creature drew blood and began drawing something on the ground with it. Though she was scared out of her wits, Lexa stepped forward, the push and pull she was feeling making her somewhat disoriented. A stronger feeling of familiarity washed over her. "Blood magic," she whispered in a harsh tone though it was her first time seeing such a symbol. In a matter of seconds, a winged creature made entirely of blood flew towards the barrier. Lexa's eyes widened as confusing, disjointed images began running through her head, completely overwhelming her.

As the man inside the barrier fell to the floor, so did Lexa, darkness enveloping her.

T.A.C: Curse of the Blood Magic 6cvPZQ3

Finally. Something to take everyone's mind away from the obvious awkwardness that was radiating from both Orson and Lexa. Max chattered happily, matching Amanda's chattiness with his own. Agreeing to go sightseeing as soon as they had time off, he looked out the window and noticed that they were pulling into a parking lot, no doubt the entrance to MACUSA. Wide eyed with excitement at the biggest assignment he had ever been assigned to, he watched and took note of everything. Floor powder in the fireplace. Gingersnap. He would remember anything and everything.

As Orson led them to a far wall, he wondered just how much Lexa knew about their own Ministry as compared to what little he knew. She was, after all, almost, if not completely, on equal footing with the male American Auror. Though he had no idea exactly what he was in for, he felt extremely excited to finally be privy to confidential information. He stepped into the elevator in anticipation. "Oh bugger," he muttered as he leaned on the small elevator's wall, feeling nauseated at how fast the elevator moved. Thankfully, the elevator stopped before he lost his breakfast.

The unadorned white hallway that they stepped out on was a bit intimidating and at the same time interesting for Max. So many doors. What was in each of them? Were there dangerous creatures inside? Perhaps there was a dragon in one of them, ready to barbecue them the moment they opened the door. Newton Scamander's Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them flashed through his head. Another door may have a Zouwu in it, or perhaps an Obscurial. With his imagination running wild, he didn't even notice how cold it was until Lexa shivered. He leaned towards her and touched her elbow. "You alright?" he asked in a low voice. When she gave him a curt nod, he turned his attention back towards Orson, just in time to hear his explanation about the different kind of dementor that was present in the facility.

When it became colder, Max's instincts kicked in. He followed cautiously into the room Orson led them into and looked around, a sense of foreboding making him dread looking towards the darkness. There was something in there, something dark and dangerous. Something horrible. Something they were better off not knowing about. He felt sick in his stomach and felt like throwing up. He had to get out of here. He had to save himself. He had to save Lexa. He mumbled a string of expletives as he reached out a cold, clammy trembling hand and grasped Lexa's arm. At his touch, the senior Auror reassured him and it calmed his nerves enough not to make him running away  like some sort of scared lunatic. He stood closer to Lexa, ready to grab her and run out of the room if they needed to.

When the lights came on, Max's eyes, like Lexa's, automatically landed on the hunched figure. As it moved to stand up, Max's eyes widened in horror as he took in how it looked. It was a man yet it wasn't. Dead gray skin, long hair and beard that was matted with dark blood. Was it really a man or some sort of animated corpse? He jumped back and almost let out a scream of his own when the corpse-like creature yelled and ran straight towards at them. Thank god for the strangely scarier dementors that were present. With a flick of it's wrist, one of the dementor sent it flying to the opposite wall. He let out a sigh of relief and was just about to say something when the creature bit its own hand, crouched down on the floor and began drawing with its own blood. "What in bloody hell is it doing?" he asked and let out a yelp when a creature made from what looked like blood erupted from the symbol and flew towards them. "Bloody hell!" he exclaimed, reaching out for Lexa again. He turned to look at her just in time to see her black out.

"Lexa!" he exclaimed, catching her before she hit the ground.
Back to top Go down
Ozzy Cross
Admin
Ozzy Cross

PostSubject: Re: T.A.C: Curse of the Blood Magic   T.A.C: Curse of the Blood Magic I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 15, 2021 11:45 am

Orson Riggs

Orson's Theme Song

One would think that the scene that had played out in that room had not bothered Orson in the slightest, in fact throughout the entire ordeal his expression never changed, he barely blinked. In truth, he had been reliving a scene in his head, almost sort of like an unwanted trance that had gripped him the moment he saw the blood dripping to the floor and being formed. In his head he could hear pain filled screams, not just a normal scream either, this one was suffering in an agony not even to be imagined by one who wasn't feeling it. In the background against the screams he could hear splashing, like a thick liquid being forcefully thrown into a wall.

"Just hold on! Just a little longer, help is coming!" Orson yelled these words, the fear he was feeling in that moment was forcing him to abandon his usual calm demeanor all together. He was close to crying as warm blood dripped down his face, in his arm was a young woman, she was screaming, it was so hard that blood was shooting from her mouth an against his skin. Looking up beside him there was a loud splash and sizzle, from appearance it looked like someone had just thrown blood into the protective ward he had placed earlier. Beyond the glimmering wall a man stood above a puddle of blood at his feet, the crimson red was glowing horridly, it was almost like a portal that had opened in the floor and figures formed of maroon red blood erupted from it periodically and slammed the barrier between them and certain death. It would explode in a brilliant white and red light and than in another moment another would erupt and repeat the procedure. They were trapped, both him and the young woman in his arms, trapped at the end of a long hallway in a derelict mansion. "It hurts! It hurts!" Orson looked down at the young girl in his arms as she struggled to speak, her words screamed out as they escaped her lips. Looking down at her body, her skin was practically being eaten alive by the attack that had struck her seconds before he got the barrier up, he could see the muscle already, the magic was eating her alive. There was nothing he could do, he knew that, whatever she had been struck with was beyond him and it would kill her long before anyone came to help. There was no help coming, he had some pathetic hope in his head that if he lied about help coming she would somehow fight the spell eating away at her, a fools hope, a kids hope. How had it come to this? This was supposed to be his first case, a routine case, just check on this muggle and make sure she is okay. Looking back down the young muggle girl cried out again in pain as the magic worked its way towards her neck. "Were the ones who are tasked with the hard choices." Orson uttered the words to himself as he raised a hand and placed it against the young woman's head and slowly caressed the side of her face, trying to calm her down. His mentor Mr.Steele had told him that, Aurors are charged with making the decisions others can not. That's what makes a good Auror, being able to make the choice.

The young girl would shake in his arms as he grip tightened around his neck, "I'm scared..." she spoke so lowly now, her voice was gone from the agony filled screams. "Your going to be okay, I promise." Orson spoke the words dejectadly as he slowly placed her on the ground, gently laying her on her back. "It will all be over soon." Orson would look down at her as tears would stream down his cheeks and fell softly onto the young woman's face. Pulling his hand out from his waste band he would slowly point it towards her.

Orson was forced from the memory as he heard Maxwell scream Lexa's name, turning her was just in time to see the young man catch her as she feinted. Orson quickly sprang into action as he knelt down beside Lexa. She was out fairly cold from just a cursory glance. His best guess would have been the Dementors scream had gotten to her. It was hard to resist their shrill scream even if you didn't have anything in your past that ate away at you, to face it for the first time and at the same time have a past trauma was a double whammy. "Amanda, get the door... Amanda!"

Amanda Steele

Amanda Steele was no wimp, in fact she was a lot braver than the timid girl she often looked like, but the terror she felt in this moment was enough to stun her. It took Orson yelling her name to snap her from the trance like state she was in, when she saw Lexa on the ground she almost freaked. "She is fine Amanda, she was most likely affected by the Dementors yell, get the door, we will head to the office." Amanda shook his head as she swallowed a bit hard and quickly wrenched open the door, Orson would pick up Lexa almost effortlessly it seemed as they exited the room. When Amanda turned back towards the barrier, she would meet the eyes of the one inside, they were wide open and staring directly at her from the ground. "Its been fun Amanda". The door slammed shut in front of her, but she stood there for a second stunned, the voice, she had heard a voice in her head, what was going on? She was about to reopen the door but it was impossible as only Orson was authorized to do so. She tried to push the incident behind her, chalk it up to her imagination as she quickly caught up with Orson at the opposite wall which turned out to be a second elevator. They bundled in as it quickly started to lift upwards, almost immediately the chilling air would warm back to a barrable temperature. When the elevator dinged and the doors opened she found herself looking at her father who was sitting silently at his desk viewing some paperwork, he would look up curiously. "Orson, Amanda, what happened?" There was a hint of worry etched in her dads face, honestly, Amanda was just glad to see him, after the nightmare below he was the best thing she had seen in what seemed like her whole life. "She will be fine, I believe she was affected by the Dementor scream." Her dad would nod his understanding, almost casually like this sort of thing was just normal everyday stuff... than again for all she knew, this was their normal everyday stuff. Orson would take Lexa and lay her on the crappy cough over to the side of the room where her dad would sometimes sleep if he worked late. "Are you sure she will be okay?" "I am sure she will be, she just needs a little chocolate, that should help alleviate the feeling when she comes to." Amanda was about to ask what the hell chocolate would do but than she realized while they may have been different they were still dementors and apparently some things remained the same. Feeling a bit out of place Amanda slowly approach Maxwell who looked quite worried for her partner. "Um, its gonna be all right ya know? It may not seemed like it but Orson and my dad are the people I would place myself with if I needed help." She wasn't all that good at consolations, she sounded like such a nerd. But even being a nerd in front of a guy she was crushing on was a way better thought than that man in the cell.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: T.A.C: Curse of the Blood Magic   T.A.C: Curse of the Blood Magic I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

T.A.C: Curse of the Blood Magic
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Chronicles :: Roleplay :: The Auror Files :: The Story-
Jump to: